August 9, 2017

A Poppy Troll Punch Art Project!

My granddaughter Kaitlynn needed a birthday card for a friend of hers that was having a birthday party. So my daughter Jessica sent me a photo of one she found on Pinterest. I never need an excuse to stamp of course, but when someone asks, of course I say yes! So I used the sample photo Jess sent me, along with another photo of a cartoon figure. This is what I came up with:



But, do you want to hear a funny ending to this project? Once I was finished, photographed my card and a few days later decided to blog about it (today).....I had no clue what I was blogging about and to what I had just created. I had to call my daughter to ask her what this character was.  I guess I've been out of the loop lately because this is Poppy Troll. Do you know Poppy Troll or have you ever heard of Poppy Troll?



Poppy Troll was born with punches, some current and some retired, along with the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies and some hand-cutting of my own. It would be too hard for me to describe everything that I did on this card. I cut, I trimmed, I added this and added that but what I can tell you is that I had a blast creating this card!



Isn't Poppy Troll a little cutie? I have not created a "Punch Art" project in so long so this was fun!


I leave you today with some very exciting news...


Kaitlynn has been asking for a brother or sister for a very long time, a few years now.  She's nine and an only child and my only grandchild. She actually wanted one of each! I am proud to say I am going to be a Grammy again. I just know Kaitlynn will be the best big sister as she loves babies!


Reminder that our August Mini Subscription at Create with Connie & Mary is going live on August 11th and you can still get in on our fabulous projects. You'll have immediate access to all of these projects:




Sets we are using:
  • Coffee Cafe Bundle
  • Ribbon of Courage Bundle
  • Feathery Friends Stamp Set
  • You Move Me Bundle
  • Pieces & Patterns Stamp Set
3D BONUS 2017 PROJECT:  Purchase BOTH the August and September 2017 Mini Sessions and get a 3D BONUS 2017 TUTORIAL featuring Carols of Christmas designed by Mary Brown immediately upon purchase!  You'll have the tutorial NOW to use before the new session begins!
 

Shop Stampin Up! Debbie's Store
Watch my YouTube Channel 
Like my Facebook page 
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest
Join Paper Pumpkin with me
Shop the Clearance Rack - up to 60% savings!
August Host Code: EJZYSZ3A  

3 comments:

  1. Poppy Troll is just as cute as can be. You did a fantastic job creating him with punches. Congrats on being a Grammy again....love the way it was announced

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I just love this cute troll...Great Job!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!