July 12, 2017

What Do You Get When You Combing Embossing Paste, Palette Knives & Decorative Masks?

Oh I'm so excited to show you today's card but before I do that, I am reminding all of you that while away in Thailand for the Stampin' Up! Incentive Trip, I am offering 20% off all Online orders



Please use the host/hostess code WGWXYAS7 at check-out when placing your order so I'll know you were part of my 20% off customers while I was away!


Now for my card! When you combine all three Stampin' Up! products that I listed in my title, you'll achieve a masterpiece just like this one:



Here are the three products I am talking about:







Here's is how I started my project. I used a piece of Powder Pink Cardstock measuring 5-1/4" x 4" and placed my stencil on top and off to the left-hand side:



Once I was ready to add the Embossing Paste, I opened my jar. Now, if you haven't tried this yet, here's a TIP: this stuff dries pretty quickly. Remove the top when you are completely ready to use it. Once you use it, replace the top right away so the contents don't dry up.


Using the Palette Knife, scoop up some of the paste and start swiping over the mask. You don't need a lot. You actually end up with a very thin layer with a dramatic look. Lift up the mask to reveal the design on the cardstock. While the paste was still wet, I sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds on top. What a beautiful sparkly look! TIP #2, immediately after using the mask, and I mean immediately, rinse under the faucet with water or soak in a pan of water. You can use your fingers while rinsing to remove the paste before it dries. DO NOT WAIT. It will dry very quickly on your mask if you wait!




You can leave as is in white or you can color it like I did. I used a Sponge Dauber to add ink to the medallion and then took my Aqua Painter to smooth it out nicely. As I used the Aqua Painter, the stenciled bumps became lighter:





Once finished with my coloring, I took a tissue and wiped away any excess ink. This did not remove the Dazzling Diamonds I added earlier:





The photo below shows you the remaining detail of the layers I added to my card. I love the new Berry Burst Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon, the Pretty Label Punch shape and the Touches Of Nature Elements:




Fun, fun, fun! Here's a listing of all the products I used today:







Create with Connie & Mary's July Mini Subscription posted yesterday and you are not too late to join in. I used the Daisy Bundle for my project and mine is 3D this month. Can you spot my project in the Sneak Peek below?




Sets we used:
  • Crafting Forever
  • Pocketful of Sunshine Bundle
  • Delightful Daisy Bundle
  • Wood Words Bundle
  • Happy Birthday Gorgeous Bundle
* Each session includes 14 EXCLUSIVE step-by-step tutorials...12 unique cards featuring three stamp sets and TWO 3D items...perfect for your club, class or stamp camp!

* All 14 projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you have them immediately and will not be shown anywhere else online

*Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month

Shop Stampin Up! Debbie's Store
Watch my YouTube Channel 
Like my Facebook page 
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest
Join Paper Pumpkin with me
Shop the Clearance Rack - up to 60% savings!
July Host Code: FSPWUKTW

1 comment:

  1. I think I got lost in the process somewhere along the way. It's not for me but I enjoy seeing what folks are making with their embossing paste. I'll bet the glitter is awesome on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!